Nurse Leader Professionals Abroad
Every few years, AONE delegates embark on an international journey to connect with nursing and health care leaders from across the globe. AONE President-elect Joan Shinkus Clark took a delegation to Israel in September 2016. Learn what took place on the Israel professionals abroad journey.
The Israel delegation had the opportunity to:
- Meet with faculty from the education system to discuss their goals for nursing education
- Meet with nurse leaders to explore the role of the nurse executive and nurse leader in Israel
- Spend time in the acute care and ambulatory setting to learn about the role of nursing in the delivery of primary care
- Discuss approaches to behavioral health: how it is organized, integrated into the primary care and the role of nurses
- Meet with first responders and learn about their sophisticated emergency response systems
The estimated cost per delegation member is $4,995. This cost includes: group ground transportation within Israel, meetings, accommodations in double-occupancy rooms, entry fees for cultural visits, the service of a national guide and most meals. A $500 deposit is required to reserve your place on the team. In the event that you are unable to accept this invitation, an alternate delegate candidate will be invited. You may also recommend a colleague as your alternate for the program.
A three-day cultural extension is available at the end of this program. A parallel program of unique cultural activities will be arranged for non-professionals and accompanying guests. If you are interested in bringing a guest to experience the rich culture of Israel, please contact Professionals Abroad for program specifics.
Travel arrangements will be made through Professionals Abroad, a division of Academic Travel Abroad. The 60-year-old organization handles the logistical arrangements for prestigious organizations, such as National Geographic, The Smithsonian, The New York Times – Times Journeys and many top professional associations and universities.
For U.S. citizens, expenses associated with this program may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. You should consult with a tax advisor to determine if the tax deduction is applicable to you.
If you have questions regarding the delegation, contact the Professionals Abroad Program Representative Sophie Greene at 1-877-298-9677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past International Delegation Journals: