Nurse Leader Professionals Abroad
Enjoy the unique culture and traditions of Peru while you spend time with the locals. This adventure includes a very special village experience with local families in the Sacred Valley! Nurse leaders will journey through Peru, led by AONE president Bob Dent.
- 7 nights / 8-day journey through Peru.
- Interact with nurse leaders and allied medical professionals from a variety of facilities in Peru.
- Accompanying guest program – alternate activities will be provided for guests who do not wish to attend the meetings
- Nanda Journeys and the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing are collaborating to develop this educational activity. Continuing nursing education contact hours are currently being determined. The University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) (PO229). 8.0 CNE credits will be sought.
Focus on health care
- Meaningful interaction and collaboration between travelers and health care professionals in Peru will focus on the greatest challenges facing Peru today in the equitable delivery of care.
- Exchange information with your Peruvian counterparts with a focus on the health care system: funding and governance; nursing practice: role of nursing, preparing nursing students for expanded roles, workforce challenges, quality & safety issues; nursing education: structure, role in health care policy development.
- 4 & 5* accommodations throughout
- All transportation and activities outlined in the itinerary
- Group transfers to and from the international airport
- International air to and from Lima (gateway city set tentatively out of Miami)
- Local English speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned and most tips
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses at the hotel
- Meals not specified
- Tips for national guide
- Passport renewal or issuance
- Domestic flight to gateway city
- Departure taxes where applicable