The mission of the AONE Foundation is to shape health care through research and education that advances innovative and expert nursing leadership. Therefore, the Foundation is proud to announce this new request for research proposals focusing on the role of the nurse leader in the arena of “Safety and Technology.”
The AONE Foundation seeks to fund nursing leadership research that explores the use of technology to improve safety, enabling nurse leaders and their institutions to make better-informed decisions and institute positive, measurable changes that could have far-reaching impact on health care delivery and patient outcomes across the care continuum.
For example, the charges set forth by the quadruple aim address efforts to improve population health, increase patient satisfaction, reduce per-capita health spending and address work force burnout. Products, processes or solutions developed to address these aims and that redesign the care delivery model—including implementation of technology—need to be carefully assessed and evaluated for their impact on health care professionals as well as patients. These considerations must include the implications of quality, safety, and cost.
The Foundation anticipates the findings of this research will guide nurse leaders in decision making around implementation of technology solutions to address critical health care delivery issues in a manner that promotes safe, high quality care and optimal well-being for patients, families and health professionals.
Grant Detail & Guidelines
Grant available: One $40,000 grant
Learn about the guidelines for the proposal requests.
16JanOnline Submissions Open
14FebDeadline for Submissions, 3:00pm Central Standard Time
14AprPublic Announcement at AONE 2018
1May 2018Funding Starts
30Apr 2020Funding Ends
- Principal investigators must be current licensed Registered Nurses.
- Preference will be given to principal investigators who are members of AONE.
All submitted proposals will undergo a blind review by members of the AONE Foundation Board’s Research Review Committee. The grant award recipient will be selected based on consideration of eligibility and merit of the research proposal. Review criteria will include:
- What is the overall impact of the proposed research study on the defined purpose?
- What is the significance and innovativeness of the planned study?
- Is the study strategy, methodology and data analysis plan rigorous and can it be accomplished in the projected two-year timeframe?
- Is the support (budget) requested justified to the proposed research?
Previous research completed and research experience will be taken into account. Research studies that advance previously funded work supported by the AONE Foundation will also be considered. Priority will be given to research work that advances nursing leadership.
For questions about the submission or review process please contact Dani Ward at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expectations of Grant Recipient
- At the beginning of the grant period, the principal investigators will provide a jpg head shot and a narrative biography of no more than 300 words for each investigator.
- At the midpoint (end of year one) and at the conclusion of the research study (end of year two) the principal investigators will submit an interim report on the progress of the study
- Upon conclusion of the study the principal investigators will be asked to:
- Present study findings at the next AONE Annual Meeting
- Submit manuscript for publication to at least one peer reviewed nursing research journal
- Allow study findings to be incorporated into the AONE Foundation’s marketing and communications
- Aid the AONE Foundation in demonstrating impact of the research
Funding for this research study is made possible by a generous gift to the AONE Foundation from AvaSure, LLC of Belmont, Michigan. AvaSure develops, deploys and supports the AvaSys TeleSitter Solution®: a continuous virtual patient engagement platform that enables both visual and audio monitoring of patients.
For questions about the submission or review process, please contact Dani Ward, staff liaison to the AONE Foundation’s Research Review Committee, at: email@example.com.
"The thing is, there’s really no other place to start besides the AONE Foundation when it comes to funding research into nurse leadership."