AONE's Commitment to the Environment
AONE's Environmental Mission Statement
AONE is committed to green meeting practices, conducting our meetings and organization in an environmentally friendly way and toward a more socially responsible future.
AONE Steps toward a Socially Responsible Future
AONE selects pedestrian-friendly cities for its Annual Meeting. The host hotels and convention center are in close proximity. Walkability keeps transportation costs down.
Meeting and Venue
Communications & Marketing
The following items are available electronically instead of printed:
- Attendee List - Provided on the AONE Annual Meeting webpage and registration site.
- Session Handouts - Provided on the AONE Annual Meeting webpage.
- Session and Overall Meeting Evaluations - Provided electronically on-site and following the Annual Meeting.
- AONE Education Calendar - Provided on the AONE Education webpage.
- The previous 32-page printed Advance Program has been replaced with a Virtual Advance Program microsite on the AONE website.
- AONE uses targeted electronic postcards and e-newsletters to promote the Annual Meeting.
- All AONE Annual Meeting printed material are printed/copied on post-consumer recycled paper or FSC-certified paper.
- Online registration is encouraged over the use of paper registration.
- All speaker management is conducted electronically.
- The list of attendees is provided online on the AONE Annual Meeting webpage.
- Attendees are encouraged to practice being green while they are at the Annual Meeting.
- The exhibitor service manual is provided online. (Freeman/AONE)
- All handouts are available electronically with the Program Planner on the AONE Annual Meeting Website to reduce paper waste in the concurrent sessions.
- All sessions are archived and accessible after the meeting in the Program Planner on the AONE Annual Meeting Website.
- Electronic posters are accessible on kiosks at the Annual Meeting and online pre- and post-meeting.
- Boxes and packing materials are reused for the return shipment.
Partner Contributions to AONE Sustainability
The San Diego Convention Center Corporation (SDCCC) is committed to supporting and encouraging sustainable practices, including the hosting of environmentally friendly “green” meetings in our building. Over the past four years, the Corporation has garnered over a halfdozen state and city awards for our highly successful conservation and recycling efforts.
Because conservation of energy and natural resources is a top priority, the SDCCC has developed several programs promoting minimal use of materials and natural resources that adversely impact the environment. This Fact Sheet outlines the green programs and practices currently in place at the Convention Center.