Certificate Program in Health Care Finance for Nurse Executives
AONE is proud to cohost this workshop with:
|Aug. 31- Sept. 1, 2015||Indianapolis, Ind.||
8:00 - 4:30 pm, Monday and Tuesday
|Click here for details|
In today's evolving healthcare environment, when hospitals are struggling to maintain their margins in the face of rising costs, decreased payment and increased expectations for quality care outcomes, every healthcare clinical leader has increased accountability for bottom line results. Senior Nurse Executives need to know how to participate in discussions with CFO's, assess and justify requests, quantify clinical activity and spot profit drains.
This two-day workshop provides an overview of executive level healthcare finance. You’ll leave the workshop ready to actively participate in executive level financial decisions – from understanding revenue cycle operations, to building and monitoring budgets to forecasting to financial reporting to appreciating the world of the Chief Financial Officer
This workshop provides Senior Nurse Executives the concepts, tools and techniques to understand how the integration of clinical, operational and financial data impacts day-to-day operations and bottom line.
The Certificate Program in Health Care Finance for Nurse Executives consists of:
- Participation in two day Executive Level Skills in Health Care Finance workshop
- Completion of pre-reading prior to workshop
- Completion of pre and post assessment
- Participation in post workshop webinar
*The Certificate in Health Care Finance is awarded upon completion of all components.
The course material builds on foundational knowledge and experience with executive level budget development. It will not include review of budgeting basics so participants are expected to come with foundational knowledge.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Discuss the impact of Health Reform and the critical need for closer clinical and financial integration
- Describe revenue cycle processes including private and government payers, billing compliance, audits, charity care and bad debt
- Summarize budgeting processes and financial reporting that is unique to the health care industry
- Identify how clinical and financial decisions impact day-to-day operations, as well as the overall health of the organization
- Recognize how health care CFO's and other executives are addressing the current challenges
- Practice expert communication skills to engage in dialogue with stakeholders
Continuing Education Contact Hours
This workshop is approved for 13.25 continuing nursing education contact hours. The American Organization of Nurse Executives is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AONE is authorized to award 13.25 hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit (non-ACHE) for this program toward advancement, or recertification in the American College of Healthcare Executives
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Educational Foundation is registered with the National Association of the State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of the CPE sponsors. ate boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual course for CPE credit.
AONE complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and strives to ensure that no individual with a disability is deprived of the opportunity to participate in this program solely by reason of that disability. Through its agents, AONE will provide reasonable accommodations for a candidate with a disability who requests accommodations. Requests can be made by sending a written request 21 days in advance of the workshop to Kelsey Irish at firstname.lastname@example.org.