Senior leaders recognize that creating successful innovation requires leadership with the right kind of skills. The Executive Fellowship in Innovation Health Leadership (EFIHL) offered by AONE, Arizona State University and in partnership with the American Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL), is developed specifically to prepare executive leaders for the challenges that face industry innovation
Who should participate?
Fellows are executive health care leaders from around the world who wish to develop critical thinking skills about new approaches to optimize quality, cost, access and the environment of health care. Fellows benefit from sharing intra-disciplinary perspectives and challenging the status quo. Fellows are bold, outcome-driven leaders striving to advance innovative environments and micro-climates for themselves and their employees.
EFIHL strengthens the ability to lead innovation, accelerate results for organizational innovations and build organizational capacity to innovate. Fellows participate in a yearlong, cohort-based program that features multi-day immersions at industry-leading institutions across the country. Immersions provide in-depth exposure to organizations at the forefront of innovation leadership in health care.
EFIHL attracts a wide variety of national leaders and faculty that have included:
- Dr. Barbara Balik, RN, EdD, principal, Common Fire Healthcare Consulting
- Maureen Bisognano, president and CEO, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Dr. Donald Berwick, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Dr. Richard Carmona, 17th Surgeon General of the U.S.
- Dr. Kathy Malloch, MBA, RN, FAAN, president, Leadership Systems
- Chris McCarthy, executive director and founder, Innovation Learning Network
- Dr. Tim Porter O’Grady, DM, EdD, ScD(h), FAAN, associate professor, Leadership Scholar, Arizona State University
- Dr. Cathy Rick, RN, NEA-BC, FACHE, FAAN, CNO, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Barry Silbaugh, MD, MS, FACPE, former CEO, American College of Physician Executives
- Christi Zuber, lead innovation and design, Kaiser Permanente
Review the information sheet and full program description for additional information, registration fees and how to apply. You can also email the Fellowship Director, Dr. Jeffrey M. Adams, or call (602) 496-0891. AONE members receive a discount on registration fees. Applications are due by April 21, 2017 or until the cohort is full.
Laura Westley - Director of Interfacility Transport
“It was an opportunity to be exposed to an intensive program that would support the leadership development work that our organization has begun.”
“It reinforced the need to take calculated risk and that there is a lot of learning in failure- on so many levels.”
Sue Behrens - Director Emergency and Ambulatory Services
“My employer and I wanted to find a fellowship that would complement and benefit my overall professional development goals/plans as a leader.”
“It was an amazing experience to visit a non-healthcare start-up business with an innovative idea and learn how they started and grew their business. Amazing to say “I could apply that in the healthcare environment as well.”