Who should participate?
The Emerging Nurse Leader Institute prepares staff nurses, charge nurses and nurse coordinators to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Objectives of ENLI
This leadership development program focuses on personal skills and behaviors to be an effective leader in shared governance.
Topics include a discussion with Tim Porter O’Grady on professional practice environments and the role of shared governance, as well as presentations including transformational leadership behaviors, strategies for maximizing accountability and decision-making, running successful meetings, and being an effective communicator.
- Managing the Business–financial management, HR management and performance improvement
- Quality & Patient Safety–quality monitoring and safe and effective care
- IOM Future of Nursing–recommendations, current work and what it means for you
- Calling the Circle Principles–attentive listening, intentional speaking and conscious self-monitoring
- Creating the Leader Within–career planning, personal journey and your role as a future nurse manager
Hosted ProgramAONE offers hosted program options that bring the AONE education team to your organization. Contact AONE for more information on hosted programs.
Continuing Education Contact Hours
The program offers attendees the opportunity to earn up to 16.5 continuing education credits.
The American Organization of Nurse Executives is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Shanna Sweeney for questions.