Who should participate?
The Emerging Nurse Leader Institute prepares staff nurses, charge nurses and nurse coordinators to be the leaders of tomorrow.
What to expect
The Emerging Nurse Leader Institute is a three-day interactive program that combines lecture, discussion, experiential learning, and self-assessment. The seminar is designed to shape aspiring nurse managers into leaders of tomorrow.
- Managing the Business–financial management, HR management and performance improvement
- Quality & Patient Safety–quality monitoring and safe and effective care
- IOM Future of Nursing–recommendations, current work and what it means for you
- Calling the Circle Principles–attentive listening, intentional speaking and conscious self-monitoring
- Creating the Leader Within–career planning, personal journey and your role as a future nurse manager
Continuing Education Contact Hours
The program offers attendees the opportunity to earn up to 17.5 continuing education credits.
The American Organization of Nurse Executives is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Shanna Sweeney for questions.