Essentials of Nurse Manager Orientation (ENMO)
Essentials of Nurse Manager Orientation is a comprehensive course for frontline managers, charge nurses, aspiring managers and leadership staff. Essentials of Nurse Manager Orientation was developed in partnership with the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) and is the first leadership course created specifically for nurse managers. The course was developed by experts in nurse management and covers key skills necessary for successful leadership.
- Develop a global perspective and understanding of healthcare
- Demonstrate knowledge of key concepts in business management
- Manage a unit budget
- Effectively manage the human resources of the unit
- Utilize tools and strategies to manage unit quality initiatives
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the unit
Continuing Education Contact Hours:
Essentials of Nurse Manager Orientation consists of eight modules that review important skills for those in leadership roles or wishing to enter management. The modules are broken into three units covering business management skills, leadership skills and personal development.