2013 AONE Committee Charges
The following AONE committees and task forces are seeking volunteer members for 2013. Please carefully review the committees and charges before submitting your submission request (link may be found at bottom of this page). Application deadline is August 31, 2012.
- Provide an annual review of the Bylaws and Regulations to evaluate and suggest changes to the Bylaws that improve the management and governance processes of AONE.
- Establish the theme for the 2015 AONE Annual Meeting & Exposition in Phoenix.
- Review the evaluations & address issues from the 2013 Annual Meeting & Exposition.
- Serve as the advisory committee in the planning for the 2014 Annual Meeting & Exposition in Orlando, Florida.
- Review and update the AONE education priorities by July, 2013
Education Abstract Review Task Force
- Review the abstracts for the 2014 Annual Meeting and recommend those to be included in the annual meeting.
- Provide input into international initiatives for AONE.
- Finalize the international consortium of nursing leadership associations that will be explored at the ICN meeting in Australia in 2013.
- Provide input on initiatives that will increase AONE membership numbers and continue to provide value for members.
- Manage the 2013 election cycle.
- Recruit candidates for the open positions on the Board and Nominating Committee.
- Develop the 2013 slate of candidates.
- Promote voting among the AONE membership.
Political Action Committee (PAC)
- Educate membership about the benefits of the AONE/AHA PAC.
- Establish the 2013 fund-raising goal for the PAC.
- Sponsor a PAC fund raising function at the 2013 AONE Annual Meeting.
- Coordinate the 2013 PAC fund-raising to achieve the PAC goal.
- Review publications, manuscripts, and other media brought to AONE for endorsement or review.
- Solicit & author (as appropriate) manuscripts for AONE publications & publication commitments.
- Solicit & author (as appropriate) manuscripts and other publications as requested from other organizations or journals.
Strategic Planning Committee
- Provide guidance to the AONE President-Elect in the development of the 2014-2016 AONE Strategic Plan.
- Monitor meaningful use legislation/regulations and provide resources and communication to AONE members.
- Explore and nominate/name nurses to leadership positions for national work on IT.
AONE Foundation Education Committee
- Acts as advisory/selection committee for the Nurse Manager Fellowship program.
- Oversees and advises on leadership development programs specific to the Emerging Nurse Leader Institute and Nurse Manager Institute.
- Oversees and advises on leadership development programs specific to the director level role.
- Develops framework for a scholarship program consistent with the educational priorities of AONE.
AONE Foundation Research Committee
- Oversees and advises on the seed grant program.
- Develops research infrastructure/process for evaluating the Foundation’s participation in sponsored research specific to certain topics.
- Assists researchers with accessing AONE membership.
- Revises AONE Foundation Research Priorities.
AONE Foundation Sustainability Committee
- Serves as an advisory committee for Foundation financial sustainability.
Ad Hoc Task Forces for 2013
- AONE is changing how it will address short term objectives by convening focused, ad hoc task forces with defined outcomes and deliverables. These task forces will convene at the time they are charged and will dissolve when the charge is achieved. The Willing to Serve Application will serve as the pool for appointment to these task forces. Our hope is that these task forces will provide great opportunity for member involvement during 2013. If you are interested, please indicate as a preference on your Willing to Serve Application.
Completion of the Willing to Serve Application
Only applications that answer all questions on the WTS form will be considered for appointment. Incomplete applications will not be considered.