A showcase of rising talent in nursing leadership
The Young Professional Voices program recognizes nurse leaders who exhibit significant potential as a health care leader and demonstrates exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession. Young Professional Voices is inclusive of nurses at all levels, titles and organizational settings.
Any AONE member may nominate a candidate for the award by completing an online nomination form, including supporting documentation by the submission deadline, August 15, 2018. When nominating an individual, you will be asked to answer the following questions with regards to your nominee’s experience and potential. Please include a description of the activity and associated outcomes. The maximum length for each answer is 200 words.
- Give an example of how the nominee’s vision of nursing leadership helped them achieve a personal or professional goal.
- Give an example of how the nominee drove results and improved outcomes.
- Tell a story of how the nominee faced and responded to a significant personal or professional challenge.
- Is there anything else important for us to know about the nominee? (optional)
- Any nurse leader either in a formal or informal nursing leadership role.
- Has demonstrated exemplary leadership within their organization, community and the nursing profession.
- Exhibits significant potential as a future health care leader and role model.
- Will be less than 40 years old as of the nominee submission deadline (August 15, 2018 / birthday must be after August 15, 1978).
- Minimum of BSN or actively enrolled in a BSN program.
- Nurse leader who demonstrates interest in assisting AONE in achieving its objectives.
- AONE staff and board members are not eligible to be nominated.
- Final number of individuals recognized will be determined by the number of submissions but will not exceed 20.
The AONE Membership Committee will do a blind review of all nominations and score each nominee with consideration to conflict of interest through a Likert scale, rubric and the noted criteria.
Does not supports AONE’s mission, vision or strategic objectives
Supports AONE’s mission, vision or strategic objectives.
Demonstrates exemplary leadership within own organization, community and nursing profession
Exhibits potential as future leader.
Serves as a role model to others.
Contact Elspeth Harris for questions.
Selected Individuals will recieve