HLA Competency Directory
The Healthcare Leadership Alliance (HLA) Competency Directory is a searchable reference tool that highlights the expertise needed for effective management across a broad spectrum of health care administration roles, including, hospital administration, medical practice administration, nursing administration, healthcare financial management, and healthcare information and management systems. The Directory provides a comprehensive listing of the competencies managers and leaders need to meet the challenges of managing the nation’s healthcare organizations.
Based on job analyses and expert input from the nation’s top professional associations the Directory contains competency statements that are classified according to the following Common Competency Domains: Communication and Relationship Management; Leadership; Professionalism; Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment; and Business Skills and Knowledge.
Ideal uses for the Directory include assessing the breadth of your healthcare management knowledge and skill as well as assessing the complementary skills and knowledge of your executive team. Further, educators may use the Directory to build university and college course curriculum.
About the Healthcare Leadership Alliance
The HLA is a consortium of the nation’s premier professional healthcare administration associations, representing more than 140,000 healthcare management professionals. The goal of the Alliance is to pursue common interests and advance the healthcare management profession. The associations within the HLA include:
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- American College of Physician Executives (ACPE)
- American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and its certification body, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)