AONE Workplace Environment Assessment Survey
Why is this survey important?
AONE’s leadership has sent a consistent message about the importance of creating healthful work/practice environments, including the effort in its strategic plan for over ten years. How do we go about doing that? As with any other effort, the idea is to start where you are and assess responses from your current staff and leaders and use those results to engage in conversations that will lead to improvements for staff. AONE’s Workplace Environment Assessment is such a tool that can be used to quantify executive and staff responses to questions about nine elements of the work environment. In 2004, as a member of the Nursing Organization Alliance (NOA), AONE participated in the creation and development of the Principles and Elements of a Healthful Practice/ Work Environment. AONE’s current strategic plan clearly outlines the goal of creating healthful practice environments where “Nurse leaders serve as initiators and influencers in creating positive, safe, healthful practice/work environments.” Closely connected to AONE’s strategy is that of the American Hospital Association’s goal of providing tools, resources and principles to the field regarding ways to create and maintain excellence in the work environment.
Who should participate?
All hospitals who want to:
- assess their executive and nursing staff perceptions of the key elements of a healthful practice environment;
- engage in dialogue between executive and nursing staff as to what is working and where are our challenges;
- develop processes and systems that will effectively orient new nurses and retain them; and
- establish baselines to measure future performance and set improvement targets.
What will you receive?
- A unique, secure link to share with all staff whom you are inviting to participate in the survey.
- Access to the online survey site with the ability to monitor the number of surveys taken.
- Once the desired number of surveys is received, the ability to close the survey and run a final report. This final report includes the following:
- The sample size of executives and staff nurses and the mean score for each question
- Gap analysis of how each group’s answers compare for each question
- Chart showing the top 5 questions of high and low agreement
- Reference list of resources to use after analyzing the survey results.
When is it available?
The survey is currently available as of November 15, 2011.
What is the cost?
There is no cost to sign up for the assessment survey. When you register, you will be asked to “order” the survey, but the amount indicated is $0. This free registration will give you online access to the survey module, a unique link for your hospital staff to take the online survey, the ability to monitor number of surveys taken and flexibility to create your own timeline for the survey, meaning that the unique link you receive for the survey will not expire until you choose to close the survey and run your final report.
Click here to register
Click here to view frequently asked questions (FAQs)